MBS Phototherapy Home Hire
Our customers are generally extremely well informed, having experienced & researched debilitating conditions and their treatment.
Having either been prescribed or, in many cases, having experienced Narrowband UVB therapy in the NHS, our customers come to us to replicate the treatment that they have received.
Our manufacturers are trusted partners.
Our products are only fitted with Philips 311nm n-UVB lamps.
Our company strives to offer customers, access in their own homes, to the same quality of Narrowband UVB Phototherapy available in the NHS or Private Clinics.
Working with trusted partners who use the highest quality, industry recognised components, ensures that we deliver products that you can use to follow the same phototherapy regime at home.
Narrowband UVB Phototherapy is a well established treatment regime for Psoriasis, Vitiligo and a number of other skin conditions. Most health authorities in the UK offer n-UVB phototherapy via dedicated dermatology outpatient clinical facilities.
If you would like an introduction to how n-UVB Phototherapy can benefit your skin condition Click Here , browse our site or contact us on 01925 694 280
We understand that each person's condition is unique.
We are not a "one size fits all" operation.
We have an extensive range of products with different functions.
One of our products will suit your treatment requirements.
To find out which one
Call us on 01925 694 280
We will be happy to help.
Not all n-UVB devices are the same, let MBS help you choose the best
UVB Light Therapy Home Hire
MBS based in Warrington, specialise in UVB light therapy at home. We offer UVB light therapy home hire. You can hire one of our Philips Narrowband Phototherapy units for treating conditions such as Psoriasis, Vitiligo, Eczema, Scleroderma or vitamin D deficiency.
By hiring a UVB Phototherapy Canopy, most people will see their symptoms clear or improve significantly within four to eight weeks.
Whether local to our Warrington base or Nationwide, you can hire one of our Philips Narrowband Phototherapy units which provide full body coverage .
Our UVB light therapy home hire will enable you to stick to the rigorous regime which is required for effective improvements to your condition.
Our UVB light therapy home hire units contain the market leading Philips TL01 311nm n-UVB tubes as recommended by doctors, dermatologists, clinics and hospitals worldwide.
Hiring from MBS makes treating your condition at home with UVB Phototherapy a simple treatment option.
By hiring one of our UVB canopies you can access the same quality of n-UVB light therapy available in Private Clinics or the Health Service to treat Psoriasis or Vitiligo, in comfort, at home.
Hiring UVB Phototherapy at home to clear your condition
You can hire one of our n-UVB Phototherapy canopies to access the same quality of Narrowband UVB Phototherapy available in Private Clinics or the Health Service, to treat Psoriasis or Vitiligo in your own home. All our Phototherapy units are fitted with Philips TL01 100 watt High 311nm UVB Narrowband Tubes and dual safety timers.
What is the cost for hiring UVB light therapy at home?
Our Full length 9 Tube narrowband UVB canopy can be hired from £180 for a 5 week hire period.
In order to make UVB Phototherapy accessible to as many people as possible we strive to keep or hire price as low as possible. Our hire units are in constant demand and because it is impossible to determine how long a hire unit will be required for by each client, you may be placed on a waiting list. If this is the case, when a unit becomes available, (at peak times within 2 weeks from initial enquiry), we will contact you.
We recommended an initial hire period of 10 weeks as most people start to see an improvement in their condition after 6 weeks.
This initial hire period mirrors treatment in the health service which aims for improvements over a 4 to 8 week period.
We only hire a canopy with the full 9 Philips TL01 Narrowband Tubes for full body coverage. A comprehensive instruction booklet is supplied to detail your session times and safe usage of the equipment. Goggles are also provided to protect your eyes.
If you are interested in finding out more about our canopy hire, please use our contact page, or call us on 01925 694280
We offer several options for hiring our units:
MBS Phototherapy are based in Warrington, Cheshire. We are able to offer clients in our local area (postcodes starting with: BL, CH, L, M, OL, PR, SK, WA, and WN) a hire service including delivery and collection of our Fulll Body narrowband canopies fitted with 9 Philips TL01 100 watt n-UVB tubes at a cost of £180 for a 5 week hire period.
Please do contact us if you are close, but not in one of our local postcode areas. At the discretion of our delivery team (dependent upon location and our availability) it may be possible, at a cost, for us to deliver and collect units outside of our local area. Please contact us to see whether this service is available and to establish the cost.
Nationwide Distance Hire
Outside the local area (not one of the postcodes above)
If you live outside our local area you are still welcome to hire our canopy units, but it is necessary to collect the unit yourself, and we require a fully refundable security deposit. We refund your security deposit on the return of the unit in good order, to our offices.
Try for free before you buy
For customers who are interested in purchasing one of our canopy or cabinet units we offer a hire service which will allow you to offset the cost of hire against the purchase of a new unit.
With this offer, should you choose to hire for 5 weeks and then purchase a new unit outright, we will discount the price of the new unit by the cost paid for the hire, effectively enabling you to try the therapy for free before purchasing.
Please contact us to discuss this option as special terms conditions and pricing apply to this offer.
What are the benefits of UVB Light Therapy Home Hire?
If you have spoken to your Dermatologist and they have recommended you as a candidate for narrowband UVB light therapy, hiring a n-UVB canopy from MBS can offer the following benefits:
- You do not have to attend appointments at a care centre 2-3 times per week for 4-8 weeks. With our home hire unit, your treatment is delivered in the comfort of your own home.
- Rigorous adherence to the treatment schedule is critical to how effective light treatment is. With our home hire unit, you can easily choose a time which suits your schedule, for example after a morning shower or an evening bath.
- Stress is recognised as a key “trigger” for Psoriasis. Hiring one of our UVB light therapy canopies will enable you to stick to the treatment schedule with ease, whilst improving how effective the therapy will be.
- Access to therapy without the worry of attending appointments will undoubtably reduce your stress which in turn will reduce the possibility of stress affecting your condition for the worse. This breaks a circle of anxiety which could lead to further exacerbation of your condition.
- Hiring a phototherapy unit from MBS will enable you to manage your condition yourself in your own free time. No time off work or adjusting your busy daily schedule to make the appointments at the hospital. Regular attendance at a hospital 2 to 3 times per week is a difficult schedule to adhere to from a purely practical perspective.
- We often hear from our clients that Dermatology units in Hospitals are often a long way away from where they live. Factoring in commuting, parking costs and the commute times to their appointments often makes a compelling reason for hiring UVB light therapy equipment to gain the same therapeutic benefit.
- UVB light therapy is so effective that many of our customers, having hired from MBS, go on to purchase phototherapy canopies from us. Hiring from us seems to be a great way of testing the efficacy of treatment before committing to purchase a unit. Try before you buy.
To help you better understand the benefits of UBV Light Therapy Home Hire, we think it’s important to understand the alternative processes for accessing n-UVB Phototherapy via the NHS and Privately.
- To access phototherapy via the NHS you need to speak to your GP who will follow a Primary Care process for the management of your condition & will then then refer you to a Dermatologist.
- If a Dermatologist offers narrowband UVB phototherapy as a treatment, you will be invited to attend appointments at a dermatology centre 2 -3 times per week.
- However, there can be a long hospital waiting list for access to UVB phototherapy treatment, up to 6 months in some areas between the referral from your Dermatologist to access to the n-UVB therapy at the care centre.
- The fastest way to access Phototherapy is via Private Medical care. A consultation with a Dermatologist in a Private Medical practice will inevitably result in the swiftest route to care and treatment. However, there are some obvious downsides:
- Cost – Consultations and treatment are not free unless covered by Medical Insurance. The cost of 1 treatment with phototherapy is usually over £50. A 4-8 week course of treatments could cost in excess of £1000.
- Attendance at a care centre for treatment – You will still have to attend appointments at a dermatology care centre 2-3 times per week.
If you are interested in finding out more about our canopy hire, please use our contact page, or call us on 01925 69428
Why hire one of our Canopies?
If your skin condition responds to n-UVB phototherapy or your Dermatologist has referred you for UVB Light Therapy you will probably already know the answers to this question. However, here are some of the reasons that you may want to hire from us.
- If you have been referred for Light Therapy by your Dermatologist you can avoid the lengthy waiting lists that most NHS Trusts have for access to UVB Light Therapy via the health service.
- When your condition flares, you will avoid delays for an appointment with your GP or Dermatologist, and any subsequent referral or wait times associated with receiving the therapy at a treatment centre. *Please note* we strongly advocate that you keep your GP or Dermatologist aware of any therapy regime and always defer to their advice on any treatment of your condition.
- Clinicians have not defined all of the triggers for these auto immune conditions. However, stress is a well recognised factor. Having immediate access to a medically proven remediation therapy will undoubtedly reduce your stress, thereby breaking the circle of anxiety leading to further exacerbation of your condition.
- Typical light therapy regimes offered in the NHS require regular attendance at a hospital 2 to 3 times per week for exposure to Narrowband UVB light, with a treatment session time of between 30 seconds and an absolute maximum of 4 minutes. This is a difficult schedule to adhere to from a purely practical perspective if you have a busy life or a job.
- For n-UVB phototherapy. to work effectively and for you to see an improvement in your condition in 4-8 weeks you need to stick to the therapy regime, treating yourself 2 to 3 times per week for between 30 seconds and 4 minutes. Treatment at home offers you complete control over this schedule enabling you to integrate the therapy into your busy schedule. Treating yourself after your morning shower or evening bath guarantees stress free, effective treatment.
- No creams or ointments.
- No drugs, steroids, auto-immune suppressors or biological regimes.
- Treating yourself at home will enable you to manage your condition effectively on your own terms!
Our hire units only contain Philips TL01 narrowband UVB lamps. These are the leading light therapy tubes, designed specifically for medical use in the treatment of psoriasis, vitiligo, eczema and scleroderma, supported by over 400 independent clinical studies and used extensively within the National Health Service.
Why UVB Phototherapy?
UVB therapy was developed in the late 1970’s and since then has been researched, refined and enhanced into a treatment regime which is globally recognised and practiced within the medical profession. Here in the UK, almost all NHS Trusts will operate a Dermatology Centre which will offer Narrowband UVB (n-UVB) Phototherapy. As prescribed by NICE and the British Association of Dermatologists, n-UVB Phototherapy has long been established as the second line of treatment for Psoriasis when Topical treatments prove ineffective.
MBS provide a range of n-UVB devices which will enable you to access the same therapy at home. Our devices use the same Philips 311nm n-UVB lamps which deliver the therapy in Hospitals and Dermatology centres.
Critically, to be effective, the UVB phototherapy regime requires a long series of very short exposure to n-UVB light. UVB Phototherapy is extremely effective in controlling Psoriasis, but this regime must be followed rigorously almost every other day for an initial period of 4-8 weeks before the treatment starts to take effect.
The phototherapy devices which MBS supply, enable you to simply incorporate this highly effective treatment in your own daily routine
MBS started as a business in 1996 dealing with customers face to face. Even though our business has moved on to an e-commerce platform, we recognise that most of our customers value the personal service that buying on the internet lacks. We also recognise that many of our customers value our experience and look to us for advice.
We pride ourselves on a personal service and are more than happy if you contact to discuss our products.
Even if you have researched n-UVB thoroughly, (as most of our customers do). Please do get in touch, we may be able to offer some further insights that you may not have considered ….. and if nothing else, some empathy.
To get an idea of how we treat our customers, take a look at the independent Google reviews on our Google Business Page
- We are available via phone on 01925 694280 or email email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have.
- We are happy to talk to your Dermatologist or Doctor if you prefer.
- Our aim is to offer a personalised service to try and offer advice on the most appropriate device for your condition.
- Please be patient with us, if your phone call is not answered, we are most likely speaking with another customer (most of our calls are quite lengthy).
- We guarantee that if you leave us a message with your phone number or email us, we will contact you as soon as possible.