What are the benefits of UVB light therapy at home?
- Access to therapy immediately, when you need it!
- When your condition flares, you will avoid delays for an appointment with your GP or Dermatologist, and any subsequent referral or wait times associated with receiving the therapy at a treatment centre. *Please note* we strongly advocate that you keep your GP or Dermatologist aware of any therapy regime and always defer to their advice on any treatment of your condition.
- Clinicians have not defined all of the triggers for these auto immune conditions. However, stress is a well recognised factor. Having immediate access to a medically proven remediation therapy will undoubtedly reduce your stress, thereby breaking the circle of anxiety leading to further exacerbation of your condition.
- Typical light therapy regimes offered in the NHS require regular attendance at a hospital 2 to 3 times per week for exposure to Narrowband UVB light, with a treatment session time of between 30 seconds and an absolute maximum of 4 Minutes. This is a difficult schedule to adhere to from a purely practical perspective if you have a busy life or a job.
- No creams or ointments.
- No drugs, steroids, auto-immune suppressors or biological regimes.
- Treating yourself at home will enable you to take back control of the management of your condition!
Our units contain the Philips range of narrowband UVB lamps (TL01 and PL01 at 311nm). These are the leading light therapy tubes, designed specifically for medical use in the treatment of psoriasis, vitiligo, eczema and scleroderma, supported by over 400 independent clinical studies and used extensively within the National Health Service.
UVB Narrowband light therapy is also extremely beneficial for vitamin D deficiency, acne, atopic dermatitis, alopecia, lichen planca, pityriasis rosea and a few other similar skin conditions that react positively to UVB light.