Psoriasis Treatment

Psoriasis Treatment

Psoriasis Treatment

Psoriasis Treatment



At MBS Much Better Skin, we specialise in providing light therapy for psoriasis treatment and other skin conditions, such as vitiligo and eczema. Today we’re going to focus on psoriasis, looking at exactly what it is, what UVB treatment means, and the options you have when you come to MSB Much Better Skin for treatment.

What is Psoriasis?

It is likely that if you are here, you already know whether you have psoriasis. It’s caused by the skin reproducing too quickly and not forming the same way as normal skin does. Psoriasis is a skin condition that usually can be identified by red, flaky, crusty patches of skin, covered with silvery scales. Common areas for the condition to appear include elbows, knees, scalp, and lower back, usually in small patches. However, they can appear anywhere on the body, some people just display localised symptoms and some people can have it all over. If you are concerned about your skin, you should always seek professional medical advice. 

What Is UVB Treatment for Psoriasis?

Many people suffering from psoriasis try creams, oral drugs, injections, coal tar soaps and so on. Unfortunately, for those living with psoriasis, there is no cure. It is considered a chronic condition and symptoms can appear throughout the individual’s life. However, it is possible to improve the appearance and often clear the skin through the highly successful use of UVB light therapy treatment. This is a type of phototherapy that exposes your skin to particular kinds ultraviolet light (known as Narrowband UVB 311nm). The wavelength of light is invisible to the human eye, and it is able to slow down the production of skin cells (which is one of the causes of psoriasis) and only takes a few minutes at a time, perhaps twice or three times a week throughout the duration of treatment.

What Treatment Do We Offer at MBS Much Better Skin?

At MBS Much Better Skin, we offer a UVB treatment for the condition using the world leading Philips TL01 and PL01 narrowband tube technology. This is because it has proven results at treating psoriasis, able to clear up clients’ skin and a 98.8% success rate. After just 4 to 8 weeks of treatment, most people see a vast improvement in symptoms with the vast majority of people becoming completely clear for a period of time. In a BMJ medical report, 95% of patients reported excellent, very good or good results, whilst the other 5% were classed as fair. Nobody in this report was dissatisfied with their results from the treatment. We supply our customers with full body cabinets, full length canopies, hand-held mini units, and individual tubes for each of these units. If your psoriasis is considered chronic, in that it is constant or recurs frequently (as is usually the case with conditions such as psoriasis), then we are able to offer your narrowband units free from VAT. We even offer a money back guarantee if you don’t see an improvement in your condition, so there really is nothing to lose when you go with us.

Contact Us

If you would like more information about how we can help with your psoriasis treatment, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by completing our contact form, or by emailing us at From our contact page, you will also find a range of phone numbers in order to speak to a member of the team directly. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have for us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *