Hospital style n-UVB Phototherapy Cabinet with 24 Philips TL01 311nm tubes
This Hospital style n-UVB Phototherapy Cabinet is designed to replicate the cabinets used in Hospitals and Dermatology centres to offer the same Phototherapy treatment in your home.
Narrowband UVB or n-UVB Phototherapy is a well established treatment for Psoriasis and Vitiligo. UVB therapy was developed in the late 1970’s and since then has been researched, refined and enhanced into a treatment regime which is globally recognised and practiced within the medical profession. Here in the UK, almost all NHS Trusts will operate a Dermatology Centre which will offer Narrowband UVB (n-UVB) Phototherapy. As prescribed by NICE and the British Association of Dermatologists, n-UVB Phototherapy has long been established as the second line of treatment for Psoriasis when Topical treatments prove ineffective.
Almost all NHS Trusts in the UK will have their own Dermatology centre offering n-UVB Phototherapy. Your Doctor, GP or Dermatologist will refer you for treatment. The majority of our customers have actually experienced n-UVB phototherapy through this referral process but all of them come to us to replicate the therapy for the same reasons.
- The referral process takes a long time, up to 2 years in several of our local NHS Trusts, but a 6 month wait time for treatment seems to be the minimum around the country.
- Once you have had a course of n-UVB Phototherapy and your condition clears, you will have to go back to the start of the referrals process should your condition recur.
- n-UVB Phototherapy is extremely effective but requires rigorous adherence to the treatment schedule for a period of 4-8 weeks before you start to see results. In practice this means attending a dermatology centre between 3-5 times per week for 8 consecutive weeks. I’ve yet to speak to anyone who has not found this incredibly disruptive, by contrast, treatment at home enables you to manage your condition as part of your daily routine.
These Hospital style Cabinets are designed to replicate the treatment provided in Hospitals and Dermatology Centres. Step into the Cabinet for 360 degree coverage delivered by 24 x 6ft UVB Philips TL01 medical narrow band tubes. Designed for installation in a domestic setting these Cabinets are powered by a 13 amp UK plug and do not require the 3 Phase power supply that the Hospital units run on.
- With full body coverage, this unit is suitable for moderate and severe skin conditions. Psoriasis & Vitiligo UVB light therapy replicating Hospital Phototherapy Cabinets for Home use.
- Modern five sided cabinet containing 24 tubes – giving maximum full body 360 degree coverage.
- 24 Philips TL01 100w n-UVB 311nm tubes as used in hospitals and recognised by Dermatologists
- Treat all areas with one treatment – Providing full body coverage, front, back and sides are exposed to the n-UVB light in a single treatment session.
- Use standing up, with tubes all around you – use with door open or closed, door is fully hinged.
- Twin Safety Timers (max 4 mins)
- Metallic safety guards and polished reflectors, easy tube cleaning.
- Total Usage counter – monitor your accumulative times
- Each side (5 in total) is – Length 1840mm (73ins), width 580 mm (21ins), centre panel (with controls) is slightly wider – widest point of cabinet is 970mm (39 ins) and narrowest is 870mm(35 ins).
- Power supply 13AMP Plug
- Two year guarantee.
- British manufactured using highest quality components.
- Market Leader – Excellent Results!
Having either been prescribed or, in many cases, having experienced Narrowband UVB therapy in the NHS, our customers come to us to replicate the treatment that they have received.
None of our competitors offer the extensive range of UVB devices that we offer to mirror treatment regimes in Private & Public healthcare practice.
Customers who have been prescribed or experienced UVB Phototherapy in the NHS in recent years will recognise that the n-UVB light therapy is well established and highly effective. However, the treatment requires absolute consistency. In order to be effective, typically, light therapy requires exposure to n-UVB light for very short periods of time (between 30 seconds and a maximum of 4 minutes) 2-3 times each week, over period of 8 weeks or more.
If the prescribed regime is not followed rigorously (i.e. consecutive sessions are missed) the results are drastically less effective. With long waiting lists for NHS treatment and limited resources, some health care trusts will caution patients that they will not be able to offer treatment if appointments are missed. UVB Phototherapy at home enables patients to schedule treatment sessions at their own convenience in their own homes. No time off work, transport costs, parking charges to attend hospital sessions.
Home UVB light therapy enables you to easily and effectively manage your condition, which, in turn, will change your quality of life.
What are the benefits of n-UVB Phototherapy at home?
If you have spoken to your Dermatologist and they have recommended you as a candidate for narrowband UVB light therapy, a n-UVB unit from MBS can offer the following benefits:
- You do not have to attend appointments at a care centre 2-3 times per week for 4-8 weeks. With our units, your treatment is delivered in the comfort of your own home.
- Rigorous adherence to the treatment schedule is critical to how effective light treatment is. With our units, you can easily choose a time which suits your schedule, for example after a morning shower or an evening bath.
- Stress is recognised as a key “trigger” for Psoriasis. Our UVB light therapy units will enable you to stick to the treatment schedule with ease, whilst improving how effective the therapy will be. Access to therapy without the worry of attending appointments will undoubtably reduce your stress which in turn will reduce the possibility of stress affecting your condition for the worse. This breaks a circle of anxiety which could lead to further exacerbation of your condition.
- A phototherapy unit from MBS will enable you to manage your condition yourself in your own free time. No time off work or adjusting your busy daily schedule to make the appointments at the hospital. Regular attendance at a hospital 2 to 3 times per week is a difficult schedule to adhere to from a purely practical perspective.
- We often hear from our clients that Dermatology units in Hospitals are often a long way away from where they live. Factoring in commuting, parking costs and the commute times to their appointments often makes a compelling reason for hiring UVB light therapy equipment to gain the same therapeutic benefit.
To help you better understand the benefits of UBV Light Therapy Home Hire, we think it’s important to understand the alternative processes for accessing n-UVB Phototherapy via the NHS and Privately.
- To access phototherapy via the NHS you need to speak to your GP who will follow a Primary Care process for the management of your condition & will then then refer you to a Dermatologist.
- If a Dermatologist offers narrowband UVB phototherapy as a treatment, you will be invited to attend appointments at a dermatology centre 2 -3 times per week.
- However, there can be a long hospital waiting list for access to UVB phototherapy treatment, up to 6 months in some areas between the referral from your Dermatologist to access to the n-UVB therapy at the care centre.
- The fastest way to access Phototherapy is via Private Medical care. A consultation with a Dermatologist in a Private Medical practice will inevitably result in the swiftest route to care and treatment. However, there are some obvious downsides:
- Cost – Consultations and treatment are not free unless covered by Medical Insurance. The cost of 1 treatment with phototherapy is usually over £50. A 4-8 week course of treatments could cost in excess of £1000.
- Attendance at a care centre for treatment – You will still have to attend appointments at a dermatology care centre 2-3 times per week.
MBS started as a business in 1996 dealing with customers face to face. Even though our business has moved on to an e-commerce platform, we recognise that most of our customers value the personal service that buying on the internet lacks. We also recognise that many of our customers value our experience and look to us for advice.
We pride ourselves on a personal service and are more than happy if you contact to discuss our products.
Even if you have researched n-UVB thoroughly, (as most of our customers do). Please do get in touch, we may be able to offer some further insights that you may not have considered ….. and if nothing else, some empathy.
To get an idea of how we treat our customers, take a look at the independent Google reviews on our Google Business Page
- We are available via phone on 01925 694280 or email email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have.
- We are happy to talk to your Dermatologist or Doctor if you prefer.
- Our aim is to offer a personalised service to try and offer advice on the most appropriate device for your condition.
- Please be patient with us, if your phone call is not answered, we are most likely speaking with another customer (most of our calls are quite lengthy).
- We guarantee that if you leave us a message with your phone number or email us, we will contact you as soon as possible.
0% Finance available
£7810 with Free Delivery and Installation in Mainland Britain, orders outside Mainland Britain will incur extra shipping charges – Contact us for details.
Now available on 0% finance – pay a deposit and the balance over 12 or 15 months – subject to Terms and Conditions. Finance provided by Memory Business Systems Ltd Consumer Credit Licence 667294
Declaration – I declare by ordering this product that I am suffering from a chronic disorder (or I am purchasing on behalf of someone that does). The product is being supplied to me for domestic or personal use under Notice 701/7 and is therefore VAT exempt.
This product is available to purchase on 0% interest finance over a 12 month period. Please refer to the details below
|Balance due today:||£3,480.00|
|12 x monthly payments by Direct Debit of:||£290.00|
|Interest at 0%:||£0.00|