Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis by Saalmann Medical
UVB Narrowband Phototherapy is recognised by Doctors and Dermatologists as an extremely effective therapy for treating Psoriasis. It is commonly used as the second line of treatment when topical creams and steroids fail to work. This Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis by Saalmann Medical has been designed for clinical or home use, to enable you to treat small areas of Psoriasis.
This Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis has been designed by Saalmann Medical, a German Medical Device Manufacturer to treat small areas of Psoriasis with targeted narrowband UV therapy.
- The narrowband UVB light source is a 311nm Philips PL01 9w tube.
- The unit comes with a removable comb attachment and is ideal for treating the scalp and other small areas.
- The comb also determines the precise distance from the skin at which the device is designed to operate.
- Simply place the light over the affected area and use 4 or 5 times per week.
- Most users see results after 4-6 weeks of a strictly maintained treatment regime.
- This is a medically designated and tested home therapy device which conforms to the latest European Regulatory Standards and is registered with the MHRA in the UK
- Please note: Only devices manufactured in Europe currently conform and are certified to the latest European Medical Device regulatory standards.
- 4 Year (Private use) manufacturer’s warranty. No extended warranty required. 2 year warranty if used in a clinical setting.
The Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis by Saalmann Medical is ideal for treatment where your condition is limited to small areas. For example it has been designed for use where Psoriasis plaques are limited to small areas on hands, joints or the scalp, or, in the case of Vitiligo, small areas of de-pigmentation.
Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis by Saalmann Medical is small and portable. At MBS we specialise in n-UVB phototherapy devices for domestic use, but our other units are designed to be used in your home and are not portable. You will be able to take this unit with you if you are travelling and thereby benefit from continuity of treatment that n-UVB phototherapy requires.
The unit is discreet, being of a similar size to a pair of hair-tongs. For someone who travels frequently, a student, or someone sharing accommodation, the device is completely inconspicuous and can be used to continue your treatment regime wherever you may be, in complete privacy.
We sell this device to a leading Harley Street Dermatology Clinic. If you are seeking a Private Dermatologist, this clinic is led by one of the best in the country. Please contact us for details.
At MBS we specialise in narrowband UVB phototherapy devices for domestic use. From cabinets designed to replicate those used in Hospitals and the NHS through to these hand-held units, our units will enable to manage your condition with the same treatment you would receive in the NHS in the convenience & comfort of your own home.
This is an extremely high-quality n-UVB phototherapy device, manufactured in Germany by a market leading Medical Device Manufacturer and fitted, at manufacture, with a genuine Philips PL01 9w UVB narrowband tube. The tube is certified for 500 hours use and the device & tube carry a manufacturer’s warranty of 4 years of personal use.
The device comes fitted with a UK plug and supplied with timer and goggles.
Please note that the Philips UVB lamp for Psoriasis by Saalmann Medical is limited in one respect only, it’s size. if large areas of your skin have been affected by your condition, you will have to repeatedly move the light face of the device to cover the whole area. In addition, where your condition affects areas which are awkward to reach, for example your back or shoulders we would suggest that you look at our other larger models.
We have seen competitor n-UVB devices of similar size, mounted via clamps or stands seeking to alleviate the problems mentioned above. However, we would suggest that you consider the fact that hand held devices such as ours and those of our competitors are designed to be used at very close proximity to the skin. Again, we would stress that if you are seeking to treat larger areas, or areas that are hard to reach, you would be best advised to evaluate our other units which have bigger light faces designed to cover much larger areas, with the light source further from the skin. With this device , that distance from the skin is set by the comb attachment. Holding or mounting the device further away from the skin decreases the efficacy of the treatment as stated by the Medical Equipment manufacturer.
Our suggestion would be that if your condition covers larger areas or areas that are more awkward to reach with a hand-held device, you look at our larger units, such as the Mini-Unit on stand which are designed for the purpose with larger light faces and lamps.
We would emphasise the fact that this is a genuine UVB phototherapy device manufactured to the highest standards by a German Medical Device manufacturer, designed for the purpose of treating skin conditions which respond to n-UVB light such as Psoriasis, Vitiligo and Eczema. Please be wary of purchasing devices which are not built to the same standards as there are cheaper products advertised for phototherapy treatment which are desk lamps that have been converted to use a Philips bulb. Buy your product from a trusted source as cheaper imported products are available as well as fake Philips lamps.
If you do your research you will establish that there are only a few Medical Device Manufacturers in the world who produce n-UVB phototherapy devices. We are proud to represent one of them and confident that your purchase with us will afford you the highest standard of treatment for your condition.
At MBS we specialise in narrowband UVB phototherapy devices for domestic use. From cabinets designed to replicate those used in Hospitals and the NHS through to these hand-held units, our units will enable you to manage your condition with the same phototherapy treatment you would receive in the NHS in the convenience & comfort of your own home.
4 Year Warranty
Full instruction booklet supplied.
Orders outside Mainland Britain may incur extra shipping charges – Contact us for details.
Declaration – I declare by ordering this product that I am suffering from a chronic disorder (or I am purchasing on behalf of someone that does). The product is being supplied to me for domestic or personal use under Notice 701/7 and is therefore VAT exempt.
MBS started as a business in 1996 dealing with customers face to face. Even though our business has moved on to an e-commerce platform, we recognise that most of our customers value the personal service that buying on the internet lacks.
We are not a faceless virtual drop-shipping business.
We also recognise that many of our customers value our experience and look to us for advice.
We pride ourselves on a personal service and are more than happy if you contact to discuss our products.
Even if you have researched n-UVB thoroughly, (as most of our customers do). Please do get in touch, we may be able to offer some further insights that you may not have considered ….. and if nothing else, some empathy.
To get an idea of how we treat our customers, take a look at the independent Google reviews on our Google Business Page
- We are available via phone on 01925 694280 or email email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have.
- We are happy to talk to your Dermatologist or Doctor if you prefer.
- Our aim is to offer a personalised service to try and offer advice on the most appropriate device for your condition.
- Please be patient with us, if your phone call is not answered, we are most likely speaking with another customer (most of our calls are quite lengthy).
- We guarantee that if you leave us a message with your phone number or email us, we will contact you as soon as possible.
- High performance – Uniform u-UVB radiation (311nm) emitted via Philips PL01 lamp
- Designed and Manufactured in Germany to treat Psoriasis, Vitiligo and other skin conditions which respond to narrowband UVB phototherapy.
- Neat, small & discreet
- Dimensions: 330 x 50 x 50 mm (L x W x H). Similar size as a pair of hair tongs.
- Light Face 120 x 45 mm.
- Detachable Comb accessory (supplied) facilitates simple treatment of the scalp.
- Supplied with UV protection goggles, treatment timer & fitted with a UK plug.
- 4 Year manufacture’s Warranty for personal use.
- 2 Year manufacture’s Warranty if used commercial setting such as a clinic.
- Dimensions: 330 x 50 x 50 mm (L x W x H)
- Weight : 165 g
- Radiation surface approx. 120mm x 45 mm
- Radiation strength: 3.5 mW/cm2 (UV-B)
- Radiation spectrum: UV-B (311 nm)
- UK: 240V/50Hz, 40 VA, BS 1363 plug (UK 3 Pin plug)